If a facility’s dental safety policies include steps to reduce the spread the virus amid the ongoing pandemic, it can be a much safer place than public spaces. Since dental health is a critical part of maintaining good overall health, it is still important to make it a priority. However, it is vital to work with a facility that follows ADA and CDC recommendations for coronavirus safety. So, is it safe to go to the dentist during COVID? When you choose a facility that follows these recommendations, it makes dental care as safe as possible. If you are looking for such a North Hollywood dentist, the team at Victory Plaza Dental in North Hollywood is happy to serve you.
How We Keep You Safer While Seeing the Dentist During COVID
To demonstrate our commitment to your safety, we have rearranged our policies to comply with important ADA and CDC recommendations. These are some of the steps that we have taken:
- We routinely disinfect all surfaces and thoroughly disinfect exam areas between patients.
- Our dentists and assistants wear high-lever protective gear, including Level 3 surgical masks and N-95 masks.
- To ensure proper disinfection between patients, we have spaced out all appointments.
- We require everyone to wear a face mask.
- We limit the number of accompanying visitors with each patient.
- Until we are ready to see patients individually, they must wait outside.
- Patients are placed in separate rooms at all times.
- We no longer offer magazines, a communal coffee station or toys in the waiting room.
- Before anyone can enter the facility, they must pass a temperature check and answer COVID-related screening questions about travel or possible exposure.
If you have any questions after reading this list, please contact us. A member of our staff will be happy to discuss your concerns about bringing children, wearing masks or anything else.
Going To the Dentist During COVID: Tips for Public Safety
There are several things everyone can do to help keep dental care during coronavirus safer for everyone. These are a few tips to remember:
- If you or someone you must bring is in a high-risk group, please let us know when you call to make an appointment.
- If you do not feel well the day of your appointment, please stay home and call us to reschedule.
- If you take public transportation here, please wear a mask and maintain a safe distance from other riders if possible.
Should you go to the dentist here and start to feel unwell during your visit, please tell a member of the staff. Our top concern is the highest level of dental safety for everyone.
Why Dental Care During Coronavirus Is Important
From routine to emergency care, going to the dentist during COVID is still important for several reasons. With routine care, a dentist can identify minor gum problems before they become severe enough to lead to periodontal disease or tooth loss. If you do not go to the dentist during COVID for a cavity, you may wait too long and develop severe tooth decay. Eventually, the problem could lead to a painful abscess and complications. Should you go to the dentist regularly instead, you may discover a small cavity while it can be still be filled. If you are looking for a North Hollywood dentist that takes safety seriously, please call Victory Plaza Dental in North Hollywood to schedule an appointment.